If you look like the dude above, call me now!
Definition of posture
The position or bearing of the body whether characteristic or assumed for a special purpose erect posture.
Good posture is about more than standing up straight so you can look your best.
- It is an important part of your long-term health.
- Making sure that you hold your body the right way, whether you are moving or still, can prevent pain, injuries, and other health problems.
What is posture?
Posture is defined as the attitude assumed by the body either with support during the course of muscular activity or as a result of the coordinated action performed by a group of muscles working to maintain stability. There are two types:
Chiropractic spine adjusting to correct posture doesn’t exist. We adjust the spine to remove all nerve interference in your body. It is when that happens that your posture will be ideal. It takes time and maintenance is a must.
Poor posture is bad for your health for so many reasons…
- Misalign your musculoskeletal system
- Increase pressure on the spine, making it more prone to injury and degeneration
- Cause neck, shoulder, and back pain
- Decrease flexibility
- Affect how well joints move
- Affect balance and increase the risk of falls and serious injuries.
- Make it harder to digest food
- Make it harder to breathe by compressing the diaphragm.
- The Relationship Between Posture and Pain.
- Emotional neurological connections